Are you looking for some great gothic cat names?
Why might you want a name like this for your cat?
What are some of the best goth names for cats around?
If you’re adopting a new cat, you might want to pick a goth name for your feline friend. Thankfully, there are tons of goth names that can help you find the right fit for your cat.
Check out the list below to learn more!
- Meaning: The word “bandit is associated with thieves and robbers, although it can originally be traced back to a Latin word meaning “to proclaim.”
- Facts: The lead singer of My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way, named his daughter Bandit.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats are notorious “thieves” themselves.
- Meaning: Technically, this name is a misspelling of the star Betelgeuse, which is found in the constellation Orion.
- Facts: The name Beetlejuice was the title of a popular film in the goth and dark comedy genre.
- What makes it a good cat name: The name is great for cats since it is a nearly nonsensical name otherwise.
- Meaning: From the name Isabella, meaning “beautiful.”
- Facts: This name was the name of the lead character in the Twilight series.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats often come across as pretentious and well aware of how beautiful they really are.
- Meaning: No known meaning.
- Facts: This name is actually a last name, but it was popularized in the movie Hocus Pocus as the last name of one of the main characters.
- What makes it a good cat name: In the film, Thackery Binx is turned into a black cat.
- Meaning: Simply, the hard tissue that comprises skeletons.
- Facts: This name is used in a variety of settings, from pirate stories to sci-fi and everything in between.
- What makes it a good cat name: It’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, since the name is more commonly associated with dogs.
- Meaning: Technically a shortened version of the name Elizabeth, which means an oath to God.
- Facts: The name was popularized by the 1990s and early 2000s TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
- What makes it a good cat name: The name is cute and short, making it a great choice for a pet.
- Meaning: The word “demon” actually comes from the Greek word “demos,” which means “people.”
- Facts: This name is, of course, most commonly associated with evil creatures from religious texts.
- What makes it a good cat name: Some cats may act like demons!
- Meaning: “Son of a dragon” or “son of Dracul.”
- Facts: Originally, this was the nickname of Vlad the Impaler. It has since come to be more closely associated with Bram Stoker’s titular vampire character.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats have long fangs much like a vampire’s.
- Meaning: Leader, especially of a duchy.
- Facts: Duke has a lot of goth connotations, but the Thin White Duke was an alter ego of David Bowie, who helped shape goth culture.
- What makes it a good cat name: It’s short and easy to remember, so it’s great for any pet.
- Meaning: The meaning is a little unclear, but it may come from ancient Germanic words meaning full truth.
- Facts: This name was popularized by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, a character who hosted horror movies on TV in the 1980s.
- What makes it a good cat name: If your cat likes to prowl around at night, she might be a mistress of the dark, too.
- Meaning: Simply a sharp tooth.
- Facts: This name is used in a variety of goth situations.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats have sharp fangs and aren’t afraid to use them.
- Meaning: A carved demon or monster in architecture.
- Facts: Notre Dame cathedral is home to some of the most well-known gargoyles in the world.
- What makes it a good cat name: Many cats like to perch on high surfaces and watch the world below, much like a gargoyle.
- Meaning: A spirit or apparition of someone or something that has died.
- Facts: Ghosts are closely associated with Halloween and goth culture alike.
- What makes it a good cat name: Many cats move around like ghosts.
- Meaning: Bringer of light.
- Facts: This was the name of an angel who rebelled and was cast out of Heaven in the Bible. The angel then fell and became Satan in some traditions.
- What makes it a good cat name: The association with evil makes this a humorous cat name.
- Meaning: Intoxicating.
- Facts: This name comes from Irish myth and was the name of a warrior queen.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats pride themselves on behaving like warriors and great hunters.
- Meaning: To protect or rule over.
- Facts: This name comes from Greek mythology and was the name of a Gorgon who could turn people to stone.
- What makes it a good cat name: The name is associated with mystery and darkness, much like many cats.
- Meaning: Twelve in the morning.
- Facts: This is a classic name for black cats and dogs both.
- What makes it a good cat name: You can’t go wrong naming a black cat Midnight, but naming a cat of another color Midnight might be just as fun.
- Meaning: Vampire.
- Facts: The name was popularized from a 1920s horror film.
- What makes it a good cat name: If your cat is vampiric but you want to pick something more unique for a name, Nosferatu is the way to go.
- Meaning: A monster that eats humans.
- Facts: This name comes from a variety of mythologies.
- What makes it a good cat name: Cats are sometimes prone to biting their human family members.
- Meaning: A bird that perishes and rises from its own ashes.
- Facts: This name comes from Greek mythology.
- What makes it a good cat name: The name is associated with birds, which ties it to cats as well.
- Meaning: The name of a princess who drowned in a river in ancient Wales.
- Facts: This name was popularized by Sabrina the Teenage Witch, a television series.
- What makes it a good cat name: Sabrina had a talking black cat.
- Meaning: Shade or darkness.
- Facts: This name was originally a last name in the Middle Ages.
- What makes it a good cat name: Black cats are often named Shadow.
- Meaning: A mythological creature who lures men by singing to them.
- Facts: This name comes from Greek mythology.
- What makes it a good cat name: If your cat is a talker who meows a lot, Siren may be a great name choice.
Which breeds or types of cats are great for goth names? Here are a few to think about:
- Black cats: You can’t go wrong with a black cat, especially if you want to use a goth name.
- Sphynx cats: These cats are hairless. They are strange-looking and fit well into the goth lifestyle because of this.
- Maine coon cats: These cats are very shaggy and often come in black or mottled colors. They’re also extremely friendly and make great pets.