Our Top Recommendation
- Scalloped Queen size headboard
- Legs Finish: Black
- Adjustable headboard legs with five pre-drilled holes on top of the legs and two pre-drilled holes near the bottom
What is a gothic headboard?
What does it look like?
How do you know it will work for you?
Gothic headboards come in several styles, but they are almost always black or very dark gray. They may have white or light gray trim, or they may be solid black. These headboards are usually very visually heavy and take up a lot of space in the room.
Goth headboards aren’t for everyone, but they can work well if you’re trying to put together a goth bedroom. These headboards can make your bed appear fully gothic and can add a lot to your interior décor as well.
In this article, you’ll find information about seven of our top picks for goth headboards. Take your time looking through each of these products so you can find the one that works best for your needs.
When you find the right goth headboard, you’ll be well on your way to creating the ideal goth bedroom!
1. Baxton Studio Wholesale Interiors Faux Leather Headboard
The Baxton Studio Wholesale Interiors Faux Leather Headboard is made of vegan leather and is solid black. It features a diamond stitch design and is studded with faux crystals at the center of each diamond. This is a lightweight and easy-to-use headboard that works well for many different settings and purposes in goth bedrooms.
- The headboard comes with pre-drilled holes on the legs to make it easier to assemble.
- The product can be slightly adjusted to different heights as needed.
- The faux crystals may be too over-the-top for some customers who purchase this headboard.
- The headboard may be very flimsy in comparison to some of the others listed here.
2. Black Velvet Headboard
This Black Velvet Headboard is a simple but stylish headboard with a black velvet fabric covering. The headboard features a simple trim of metal studs and can be dressed up or down depending on your goth style and needs. This headboard can be utilized for almost any type of goth style, which makes it great for customers who aren’t sure which goth path they want to take.
- This product comes in sizes for full and queen beds.
- The headboard is finished with decorative black buttons and diamond stitching for a classic style.
- The product may be too lightweight for some customers who want something more heavy-duty.
- The headboard may not fit properly with all beds, and it may be a little too big and bulky for use with full beds.
3. Christopher Knight Home Silas Velvet Headboard
The Christopher Knight Home Silas Velvet Headboard is a chunky black headboard that works well for almost any type of goth. With a very slight scalloped edge, this headboard has a sense of refinement that isn’t too over-the-top. The headboard comes in solid black with a velvet fabric finish to help tie it into goth styles even more.
- The headboard features metal grommets for an increased goth element.
- The headboard also includes diamond stitching that makes it look more finished than some others listed here.
- Some customers complained about the headboard size not matching their beds.
- Some customers mentioned that the headboard arrived missing a button.
4. Monarch Specialties Headboard
The Monarch Specialties Headboard is a unique headboard with a delicate style. Designed to be much different from most of the other goth headboards on this list, this product is lightweight and elegant. It works well for modern goths as well as vampire goths, and it can be incorporated into almost any other type of goth style too.
- This headboard is made of durable metal that is coated in black.
- The headboard comes in sizes for Full or Queen beds.
- The headboard has been known to arrive bent or damaged in some rare instances.
- The product may be very difficult to put together and install for some customers.
5. Safavieh Mercer Collection Black Velvet Headboard
The Safavieh Mercer Collection Black Velvet Headboard features a lightly scalloped design for a classic profile. Covered in black velvet, this luxurious headboard is sure to become a stunning centerpiece in your bedroom from the moment you install it. The headboard is outlined in metal grommets which stand out nicely against the black backdrop as well.
- The headboard comes in Twin, Full, King, and Queen sizes.
- The headboard is also available in many other colors.
- In some instances, the product has been known to arrive missing the required hardware for installation.
- The fabric may be thinner than some customers expect and may tear easily in some instances.
6. Baxton Studio Matilda Contemporary Headboard
The Baxton Studio Matilda Contemporary Headboard comes in a very dark charcoal gray color and features grommet studs around the perimeter. These studs help it appear even more goth, and the scalloped trim adds to the elegance and refinement of the goth scene too. This intense headboard can make a powerful statement in any goth bedroom.
- This product is foam padded, which helps protect the interior frame during shipping and even during use.
- The product comes in a King size.
- This headboard requires the customer to assemble it.
- Very rarely, the headboard may arrive with damage due to shipping or storage, but this is not a very common problem at all.
7. Coaster Home Furnishings Upholstered Headboard
The Coaster Home Furnishings Upholstered Headboard features a simple scalloped design and comes in solid black. It features white accents to help it stand out even better in your room. The headboard can work well for many styles of goth bedrooms, but it is best for trad goth, vampire goth, pirate goth, or steampunk goth styles.
- This headboard is made of Asian hardwood as well as plywood, so it is lightweight and easy to use.
- The headboard comes in Eastern King and California King sizes.
- This product requires assembly by the customer.
- The fabric may tear easily on this product, especially during the assembly process.
As you can see, there are tons of excellent goth headboards you can choose from. They come in several styles and designs, so you should be able to locate the best choice for your needs without too much trouble.
But what if you’re still having trouble picking, even after all those recommendations? How do you know which headboard is right for your needs? Here are a few tips to help you choose the right headboard for your goth room:
- Pick a headboard that fits your bed size. Make sure you double-check the measurements of any headboard you’re considering.
- Think about the type of goth style you want to create in your room. If you want a luxurious vampire goth room, this will require a different type of headboard than a modern goth might.
- Choose a material you like the feeling of. Since your headboard is right next to your pillows, you may end up touching it or bumping it in your sleep. Think about this when picking so you can find the right option.
With the help of these suggestions, it should be easier for you to pick the right headboard. Of course, it can still be tricky, so be sure to choose from the list above so you’ll be able to bring home a high-quality product that works.
Last update on 2022-11-23 at 05:10 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.